The Vikings' secret "gold of the ocean"
Rosita's wild-caught, handcrafted Ratfish Liver Oil is an ancient whole food derived from the liver of Chimaera monstrosa, also known as the ratfish. The Norwegian vikings and Scandinavian fishermen regarded ratfish liver oil as a precious gift from the sea, ranking it above all other fish liver oils.* Its rarity and exceptional properties were a major reason they called it the "Gold of the ocean."
Rosita Ratfish Liver Oil
- 100% Ratfish liver oil from the Helgeland fjords of Norway.
- Wild-caught, handcrafted, minimally processed and raw.
- With a concentration alkylglycerols of up to 33%, it beats that of shark liver oil, according to independent lab tests.*
- Contains natural vitamin A and vitamin D. Vitamin A is in the active, retinol form and the vitamin D is D3, the most bioavailable, cholecalciferol form.* Contains the powerful antioxidant, alpha-tocopherol, or vitamin E, in the most biologically and chemically active form.* Has up to 54 mg/g of omega-3 fatty acids, 24.4 mg/g EPA and 15.7 mg/g of DHA. Contains a full spectrum of healthy fats, including phytosterols, and multiple forms of omega 4, 6, 7, 9, and 11 fatty acids. Never heated above room temperature nor treated with chemicals, bleaches or deodorizers.
- Free of any additives.
- Mild, buttery taste – less fishy than cod liver oil.
- Highly resistant to oxidation and rancidity.
Ratfish Oil: A unique nutritional powerhouse from the pristine Northern Fjords
Deep in the northern waters a rare fish thrives – the ratfish or rabbitfish. Some fishermen throw it away when they find it in their nets. But people knowledgeable about the old Nordic ways treasure this strange fish when they catch one.
The liver of the ratfish yields a special oil that:
- Has vitamins, healthy fats and unique compounds that support your immune system, your heart . . . your entire body!
- Was used by the ancient Vikings for respiratory, lymphatic and digestive health. They also used it topically and to keep their immune system strong overall.*
Ratfish Oil can have a concentration of 33% alkylglycerols – much more than shark liver oil!
You may have heard about shark liver oil. Scandinavian folk healers and modern researchers attribute sharks' ability to maintain amazing health to the oil in their livers. Two clinical studies and close to a score of animal and lab studies confirm this. What's more, shark liver oil's components have been proven to help keep your immune system strong and manage healthy cellular reproduction throughout.
Now what does this have to do with ratfish oil?
Researchers conclude that much of shark liver oil's health-sustaining power comes from the alkylglycerols in it. Alkylglycerols are also found in bone marrow, the spleen, human milk and colostrum… and in ratfish livers.
With a concentration of 33% or more alkylglycerols, ratfish liver oil seems to have one of the highest concentrations of this special substance! When researchers at the Institute of Aquaculture at the University of Stirling in Scotland saw these results, they were stunned. They stated these very high levels were "unusual for fish oil".1
Just a few drops of this mild, buttery oil from the ratfish livers can bring significant healthy results, including increasing your body's production of all red blood cells;* and spurring your body to produce cytokines, special immune messenger chemicals that are linked to curbing inflammation and keeping your tissue healthy as it replaces old cells.*
But while researchers are intrigued by alkylglycerols impact on keeping us healthy, that's not the only standout benefit from ratfish oil…
Ratfish Liver Oil contains Alpha-Tocopherols, the active form of vitamin E
Ratfish livers contain vitamin E, your body's most abundant fat-soluble antioxidant.