For families living with epilepsy | A partnership of The Lab Method and UCSF Pediatric Epilepsy Center of Excellence
Life Support cards are a planning, coping and communication resource to support families in their adjustment to an epilepsy diagnosis. This product comes in the form of 41 cards packed with tips, tools, solutions and scripts to support people caring for a child with epilepsy.
For parents and caregivers, The Life Support cards provide:
- Practical guidance to help parents get organized and show them exactly what to keep track of as they navigate the unpredictable terrain of epilepsy.
- Answers to 30 of the most common caregiver questions to immediately reduce their overwhelm, stress and anxiety
- Emotional support to normalize and validate the experience of each family member and help families feel less alone
- Scripts: When a patient wonders what to say to friends, teachers, caregivers, relatives and siblings about the diagnosis, The Life Support Team provided the words to make the hard topics easier to talk about.
For providers, The Life Support cards provide:
- Increase patient satisfaction and save doctors precious time by providing critical information about whole family epilepsy care all in a deck of cards.