A gentle, yet potent custom blended probiotic for your baby's developing digestive system
The development of your baby's gut ecology can impact his or her health for years to come. That's why it's important to offer a probiotic formula made especially for a baby's new digestive system, as guided by a qualified practitioner.*
Infant Probiotic Powder by Smidge
- Contains 7 clinically-proven strains of human probiotics (B. infantis, B. bifidum, B. breve, B. longum, B. lactis, L. gasseri, L. salivarius;).
- Is 50% Bifidobacterium infantis.
- Is formulated specifically for young children and infants' developing gut ecology. It can be used by adults as well.
- Is appropriate for diets including GAPS, SIBO, Body Ecology, autism/PDD-NOS, PANDA/PANS, Paleo, AIP, Ketogenic, gluten-free, soy-free and casein-free (Please note: While GutPro® was designed based on feedback from these specific communities, we do not imply that it's intended to treat a specific medical condition, nor do we imply it's "compliant" with a specific diet).
- Contains only histamine-neutral or histamine-degrading strains of probiotic bacteria.
- Does not contain any strains that produce d-lactate.
- Does not contain streptococcus thermophilus or other strains linked to irritation.
- Does not contain any spore-forming strains of probiotics (e.g. soil bacteria).
- Is free of inulin and other prebiotics.
- Is free of excipients and other added ingredients, i.e. magnesium stearate, silica, titanium dioxide.
- Is free of common allergens. All strains are grown on a dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO vegetarian culture. Does not contain milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, yeast, corn or soy.
- Is easy to calibrate the right dose for your child's needs.
- Is American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) certified and freeze-dried at collection to ensure potency.
- Requires refrigeration.
Infant Probiotic Powder is formulated specifically to help your baby develop a healthy gut ecosystem
It's not easy to see this when babies are first born, but the most important factor in their health is deep inside their digestive systems.
The bacteria that colonize your infant's digestive system impacts his or her health health in numerous ways:
- Gut bacteria make it possible for your baby to digest your breastmilk effectively and gain the full nutritional benefits.
- The first bacteria to colonize your baby's digestive system can impact how your baby's digestive system develops. Healthy bacteria help your baby develop a sophisticated and strong inner intestinal lining.
- Probiotic bacteria can help your baby weather the transition to life outside the womb by helping their immune system develop into a protective and well-regulated force.
- Research on infant microbiomes and brain development reveals that a healthy gut ecosystem is critical for the development of a sharp, limber brain.